(4 normal servings)
OK, this does not sound like an easy-peasy dinner, but I assure you it is as easy as making a tuna sandwich—just with different ingredients . . . and it’s sautéed.
If you have a lumberjack appetite, you might want some garlic bread with this—or double the portion.
- 6 oz canned crab
- ¼ C mayonnaise (homemade is best)
- ¼ C bread crumbs
- ¼ C chopped red onions
- 1 T capers, smashed
- 2 T lemon juice
- ½ t kosher salt
- ¼ t pepper
- ½ t red pepper flakes
- 1 egg
- 3 T butter
- 1 T avocado or coconut oil
Combine all of the above EXCEPT the OIL and BUTTER and let set for 10+ minutes to combine. Then, divide into 4 portions, roll into balls, then into patties.
Sauté patties in 3 T butter with 1 T oil until just nicely browned (about 2 min per side). Set aside
- 1 head romaine, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 grapefruit, segmented into supremes (I like to add the juice from the supremes to the crab cakes prior to cooking instead of the lemon juice. Otherwise, pour in a glass and enjoy!)
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced thin (about 1/4 C)
- 3 green onions, rough sliced on the diagonal
- ½ C cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
Brass Door Dressing (or your favorite!)
Compose salad, add crab cake, slather with dressing, enjoy!
One Comment Add yours