Continuing the Thanksgiving menu ideas, here is the second installment. If you missed the first, check it out here: T Day Meal Inspiration #1. Bonus! there are two menus here.
What you will find: ideas for appetizers/soups/salads/mains/sides/desserts with no recipes. Why no recipes? This is an inspiration post. You will be able to find recipes on line or in your favorite cookbooks (or just freestyle and make it up yourself). Why no bread? We don’t consume a lot of bread other than homemade sourdough. I figure that you have your favorite, and you’ll provide it.
If you have a question, feel free to note it in the comments, and I (and possibly other readers) will respond with encouragement.
And, yes, some ideas are quizzical. For example, who wants to make tomato aspic for a salad? (Answer: you do!) Just have fun and do what you want. I promise you, it will be awesome.
Enjoy and stay briny,
- Appetizer: Bacon wrapped asparagus with homemade mayo
- Soup: Minestrone (fire roasted tomato, fennel, onion, garbanzo, kale, Parmesan)
- Main: Roasted lemon turkey with olives
- Sides: Roasted grapes and sautéed chard, new potatoes with garlic/lemon zest
- Salad: Cucumber/mozzarella/celery/tomato bread salad with balsamic vinegar
- Dessert: Pumpkin crostata
- Appetizer: Deviled eggs, bacon/apple/goat cheese mini muffins with honey
- Soup: Pumpkin and fennel
- Main: Roasted buttermilk turkey with garlic, bacon and herbs
- Sides: Dressing of sourdough/sausage/dried cranberries/onions, sauteed zucchini, sauerkraut
- Salad: butter lettuce with tomato aspic
- Dessert: Pecan pie, pears in port