It is getting close enough to Thanksgiving that we are going to release everything now so that you have enough time to shop before everything gets cleared out. These menus are more spicy than the others.
The picture introducing this series is of our 3 year old (in the early 1990’s) with her positively lovely still life of Thanksgiving treasures displayed on our our hearth. It reminds me of how innocent and simple artifacts can pop up a Thanksgiving meal. It also is a reminder of how powerful your efforts can be in creating your own idiosyncratic Thanksgiving celebration.
Never underestimate the power of creativity. No amount of effort will ever be wasted.
- Appetizer: Jalapeno poppers (stuffed with chili cream cheese and raisins, wrapped in bacon), lettuce rolls with spicy shrimp and hot shot carrots, mango/cuke/melon citrus cups with chile spice
- Soup: Posole with pork chile verde
- Main: Turkey with mole sauce
- Sides: Chile rellanos in tomato salsa, stacked tortilla of grilled squid/green onion/ cheese/new potato
- Salad: Ensalada de la gente (black beans, corn, cabbage, tomatoes, peppers, other chopped veg)
- Dessert: Caramelized pumpkin and jalapenos topped with cinnamon whipped cream, spicy flourless chocolate soufflé
Oishi (delicious in Japanese)
- Appetizer: Godzilla sushi roll (avocado/wasabi mayo/fried octopus or calamari)
- Soup: Miso with mushrooms/spinach
- Main: Roasted turkey with miso glaze
- Sides: Rice with flaked salmon, crispy soy asparagus, tomato tamago wrapped in butter lettuce served with wasabi mayo
- Salad: Seaweed salad
- Dessert: Roasted pumpkin slices with honey lime glaze and matcha whipped cream
Healthy Favorites (Kid-Friendly and Fun)
- Appetizer: Chicken wings/sausages /mini pancakes with maple syrup, goat cheese and cranberry balls rolled in chopped macademia nuts
- Soup: Crab bisque topped with sourdough croutons and watercress
- Main: Rosemary turkey with crispy onions and mushroom gravy
- Sides: Roasted root vegetables of carrots/parsnips/turnips/potatoes/yellow beets served with saffron/garlic sauce, creamed spinach with pine nuts and nutmeg
- Salad: Broiled big sliced tomatoes, crispy bacon, with honey/balsamic vinegar/topped with fresh basil and mini mozzarella balls served with endive
- Dessert: Chocolate dipped pumpkin balls, apple/pecan tartlets with cinnamon whipped cream
Wise Traditions (in the Spirit of the Weston A. Price Foundation)
- Appetizer: Liver pate and homemade sourdough bread, roasted nuts (soaked first), fresh oysters with lemon
- Soup: Cream of potato (or other in season veggie) soup with homemade chicken broth and raw cream
- Main: Salt rubbed turkey stuffed with herbs and lemons, served with giblet gravy
- Sides: Sautéed Brussels sprouts in butter, roasted sweet potatoes topped with prunes
- Salad: Cranberry and orange dressing, sauerkraut
- Dessert: Pumpkin pie with whipped raw cream, sorbet of frozen berries and honey
Enjoy your Thanksgiving wherever you are and with whatever you make.